Highlights from the April 6, 2020 Board meeting
- A motion was made and passed to cancel the May 2020 general annual meeting and the field trips, in order to comply with limitation on public gatherings and safety recommendations related to the coronavirus pandemic. A general meeting and field trips will be held at the earliest, feasible time.
- The Board passed several motions in order to maintain FAS as a legal and functioning organization. Carole Jorgensen was elected as the Co-chair of the Conservation Committee, and was elected to the Board for a one-year term. Joe Batts was elected as the Chair of the Hospitality Committee, and was elected to the Board for a one-year term. The terms of all Directors and Officers whose term would have expired in May 2020, were extended until the next general meeting can be held.
- An extensive discussion and brain-storming session was held to compile a list of ideas of ways to keep people engaged with FAS and birding through social media and virtual tours. Members can keep up to date on these offerings through the website and Facebook.
- Kay Mitchell reported that the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Owen Sowerwine has been updated and that Gael Bissell will be working with Montana Audubon to finalize the details.
- Plans are proceeding for Great Fish, Birds of Prey Festival and OSNA work day, all in the fall; and possibly for a Birdathon (for fun only) in June.