Highlights from October 2, 2017 Board Meeting
- Kay Mitchell is pricing a 2nd vinyl FAS banner to be used by the Education Committee.
- The hawk watchers have surveyed 26 days and listed over 1800 raptors.
- Net profits from calendars sales were $2,620 to date.
- Carole Jorgensen will co-chair Conservation reviews with Lewis Young.
- The Birds of Prey Festival had over 500 in attendance and was well received.
- Joe Batts was elected Vice President of the Montana Audubon Board.
Two November Climate Smart Events
Wednesday, November 8, 7 PM, O’Shaughnessy Cultural Arts Center, Whitefish. FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN: A Multi-Media Evening of Fishing & Hunting, Climate Change & Snow featuring Hilary Hutcheson, Ryan Busse, and Todd Tanner. Co-sponsored by Protect our Winters, Conservation Hawks, and Backcountry Hunters and Anglers.
Thursday, November 16, 7 PM, Cedar Creek Lodge, Columbia Falls. ENVISIONING MONTANA’S CLEAN ENERGY ECONOMY – A forum featuring local clean energy businesses and a new UM research white paper on social and economic impacts of Montana’s transition to a renewable energy future.
More info on Climate Smart web site