Available for Checkout!
NOTE: WE HAVE MOVED! Audubon Trunks are now located at Lone Pine State Park! Lone Pine Visitor Center Staff will assist you with checkouts and returns. Call them at 755-2706 Ext. 2, or email Derrick.Rathe@mt.gov for directions and help.
Flathead Audubon Society has educational materials for teachers, home-schoolers, and others interested in birds, their habitats, and conservation. All trunks are free of charge.
Use these trunks and materials to build, enhance, or tie into a class unit on birds or a complementary habitat topic! These hands-on and interactive materials will provide your students with unique and fun learning opportunity.
To find out more about these educational trucks, just click on a specific trunk in the scroll-down menu, or contact the Flathead Audubon Conservation Educator at AudubonEducator@gmail.com
Flathead Audubon Education Trunks:
(Click on trunk names for contents and description.)
Chickadee Who’s Who: Bird ID Basics (1 trunk)
Owls of Montana (1, in 3 boxes)
Riparian Wetlands: Birds and the River (1 box, 1 large map tube)
Common Birds of the Flathead (1 trunk)
- Field Guides:
- National Geographic (one box with 20 guides)
- Binoculars: (2 boxes)
- 6.5 X 32 Eagle Optics (20 in box)
- 7 X 35 Nikon – larger in size (11 in box)
- Combo box: (20 ‘Montana Birds’ guides, 8 Vector 8×38)
Cavity Nesters (1, in 2 boxes)
* We also have Supplemental Materials boxes: (1) Bird Skins, (2) Feathers, (3) Nests and Eggs, (4) Plush Bird Toys and Puppets, and (5) Grow Native School Gardens — which can be checked out individually. Some of these are fragile and one-of-a-kind, but can be reserved online and checked out, same method as the trunks.